Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

My Very First Entry

I remember when I started teaching last year, 19 January 2009, I stuttered all the way during class. My confidence level is very low and I lost my temper every now and then. That time I really hate teaching. I hate everything about it, students, clerical works, observation, intervention, and not to forget events!

However, students seemed to adore me. They surround my table during recess and after school. Once in a while they'd put Kinder Bueno on my table, paper flower on my metal cupboard, apart from their essays of course.

Slowly I developed love towards them. I did my research on how to teach English entertainingly, and to make English easy to comprehend. It is tough work to deal with them, their curiousity is mountain, their love is heaven. we formed our special bond everyday.

At that moment, I don't really understand what is going on. I thought its normal for that to happen, you know, stuff like being dependent on teachers, and grew tender affection towards us.

One day, I entered a form 1 class and I teach them the usual way, trying to make it fun and easy for them. At the end of the class, when I am about to exit the class, one of them said to me "Teacher, please come again to our class". That is the time i realised this is not the usual stuff. It is extraordinary. It is blissful!

1 comment: